It is such a thrill to be nominated by Stephanie from It’s Not Just About the Recipe for the One Lovely Blog Award, Thank-You! Babs and I are totally impressed with each other and we are giddy that we are making new friends to share our love of cooking with. Babs suggests you visit It’s Not Just About the Recipe AT ONCE and check out Stephanie’s mouth-watering recipe for Chocolate Eclairs Filled with Creme Patissiere.
I won’t let Babs in the kitchen at the mo ’cause I am still on the Fatty-Pants Program (FPP for short) so she is pretty much begging you. please. please. please. make. some. now. She’ll pop around for a coffee when you’re ready.
Tip: make sure you don’t put too many out at once…. just sayin’.
A note to my choice of favourite blogs -rules of the award are as follows:
1) Display the blog award!
2) Create a link to the site that nominated you.
3) Write 7 random facts about yourself.
4) Create some links to blogs you love!
7 Random Facts About Babs and I (Cath):
1. I have two personalities in the kitchen. There’s me and then there is Babs. I introduced you to her, sorta, in the paragraph above. Babs fancies herself a bon vivant and always wants to cook something totally lavish -she has notebook’s full of amazing recipes she’s gathered (pinched) from the finest cooks. She can be quite exhausting when she visits my kitchen ’cause I am pretty much an amateur compared to her. We decided to start She Loves Simple so we could share our recipes (only Babs’ simple ones are allowed here) and meet new friends. So far, so good!
2. Babs has “Bright Shiny Kitchen Object Syndrome”. BSKOS for short, and I am the lucky caretaker of her 547 (and counting) shiny kitchen objects which fill all the counter tops, drawers and cupboards in my not-bigger-than-average-kitchen.
3. My favourite pie is Apple, I love Biscoff spread on anything with a Coffee for Dessert, ….. ok I’ll stop, I’m sure you get it -I love the whole food alphabet. I am quite happy to eat anything at any time of the day or night. Pizza for breakfast or french toast for dinner… doesn’t matter, I just love food.
4. I wear
stretchy-pants leggings 99% of the time. That sounds really sad, especially after #3. Hello… It’s a fashion statement… Don’t judge.
5. Okaaay, the 5th random thing about me is….ommm… I am actually a very random person so I don’t know why I’m getting stuck on #5. I hate routine and prefer a good dose of self-induced randomness any day. I like to change things up, variety is the spice of life, right?
6. I was born in Ireland, grew up in California, and live in New Zealand. Not sure that is random but I think it has something to do with #5.
7. Babs and I have a secret crush on Johnny Depp. Or maybe it’s Captain Jack Sparrow…. We heard he (Johnny not Jack) has a beach house in N.Z. and has been seen by the locals, walking the beach. Every time we go there now, and will do for the rest of our lives, we look for him. I just know we will see him some day -we see lots of famous people here in N.Z. just walking around, so it can happen. True story. Not sure what we would actually do if we saw him…Babs would prob’ly do something random like sing ……Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me…. Drink up me ‘earties, yo ho. She loves that song. Childish!
Enough about Babs and I, we would like to share our 7 favourite blogs with you ……
Cath’s 4 Favourite Blogs:
1. Proud Italian Cook Marie shares her authentic Italian recipes and mouth-watering pictures along with beautiful photos of Italy, which I love because Italy is
probably my all time favourite country in the entire solar system. I never know which recipe I want to make when I visit, they all look so amazing. I will be making her Limoncello Tart with Amaretti Cookie Crust and Blueberry Blackberry Sauce as soon as I’m off the FPP.
2. Home Skillet Jenn and Seth Kendall (her trusty sidekick) make a great team. Everything on their blog looks delish! I am going crazy to make the Spicy Chorizo Dip for dinner. That’s what I said -for dinner, with beer. If you like the sound of that get on over there asap!
3. Forkful of Comfort Kristen cooks up lots of our favourite comfort foods but with a twist. Trust me you will find some delish dishes here! Go see what David (her hubby) gets dished up for dinner, lucky man I’d say. OMG! I need some, or lots, of these right now (and again tomorrow)!
4. Blessings From My Kitchen Tisa has a wonderful blog, a journal of her life and culinary journeys. She shares her great talent for cooking Indian curries (which I LOVE! but Babs is only adequate at making, don’t tell her I said that!) along with lots of other delectable recipes. An inspirational blog, beautifully written in lovely prose.
Babs’ 3 Favourite Blogs:
1. Scarletta Bakes Meagan describes herself as, “…a baker with a focus on the cuisine and culture of the American Southwest”. She takes us on a cooking adventure where she puts ‘a new twist on retro classics’. Her index is full of delicious and exciting dishes and beautiful photographs that are sure to inspire. If you’re looking for something heavenly with a Southwestern twist this is the blog to visit.
2. Frozen Wings Packed full of delicious recipes and of course fab photos, Malaysian food and lot’s more yumminess. Frozen Wings invites everyone to participate in a ‘Free and Easy Bake Along and Blog Hop’. Go check out the details and get baking! I will see you there!
3. Oh Bite It Amy’s blog is full of fabulous recipes and gorgeous photos. Honestly, your mouth will water and you will become insanely hungry! I have my eye on a few must try recipes here. Since I can’t decide which to make first, I’ll have to make several at once (don’t tell Cath I said that!). Take the time to visit, you will be pleased you did.