I made you cookies! I thought I would make you something sweet since I have been a bit slack lately!
Tip: It is considered civilized not to eat sugar for seven days after the 4th of July so people don’t think you have no self-control, today is the eighth day so, yay!,
I you can eat cookies again! And, if you want to make them, all you have to do is get up in the middle of the night to use your oven so your kitchen doesn’t spontaneously combust because of the heat…totally do-able, right?
These are all that are left from the batch I made, though. 5 cookies, out of 24……let’s share, 3 for me, 2 for you.
Hope you like pistachios, I adore them. I adore all nuts to be precise, even those weird, big-toe looking ones! (come on people, I KNOW I’m not the only one who has the toe thought goin on). I like the big-toe ones a lot.
Seeds come in a very close second. I love seeds too. Pumpkin, sesame, poppy, etc. All yummy, I couldn’t live without nuts and seeds. Am I starting to sound like a squirrel? yes.change.subject.
The pistachios complimented by the white chocolate chips make a perfect cookie combination that I think you will like as much as I do…..and no, I did not eat the other 19 cookies alone. There are lot’s of other squirrels around here too!
|Pistachio and White Chocolate Chip Cookies|
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 teapoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped (or not) pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda, & salt together. Cream butter and sugars together until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs beating well after each one. Add flour into creamed butter mixture in thirds, beating until combined after each addition. Lastly, add the nuts and chips and mix just until blended.
- Drop walnut sized pieces of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with baking paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.