Brussels sprouts -either you love ‘em or you hate ‘em.
I gotta whole lotta love going on for brussels sprouts. Weird-o.
One thing I have always wondered though, (and I know you have too) who named them brussels sprouts? They are clearly ‘cute-little-baby-cabbages’ and the whole world knows it.
So, cause they are so darn cute and little they can’t help but be delicious too. I fully expect you to fall in love with these CLBC’s and cook some up the next time you are short on time. Throw a few chunks of sweet potato into the pan with them if you want something more hearty, BBQ a steak, pour a glass of red wine and walla! An absolutely perfect dinner.
|Roasted Brussels Sprouts with a Sweet Balsamic Glaze|
- 3 cups brussels sprouts
- 2-3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of mixed dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Rinse sprouts and trim stem ends if needed. Chop the onion in quarters.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar and herbs in a small bowl til well blended.
- Coat the sprouts, garlic and onion with 1/2 of the glaze and spread out evenly over a baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until the sprouts are tender and nicely roasted.
- When cooked drizzle with remaining glaze, season with salt and pepper and serve. Makes 4 servings.